The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join the Data and Insights Tribe (DI), which owns Spotify’s world-class Data and Insights Platform.
As a Senior User Researcher, you will help DI understand our customers, who are also our colleagues: everyone who works with Data and Insights at Spotify.
You will build a deep understanding of our users’ needs, goals and workflows, turning qualitative user research into insights and artefacts which will shape the future of our products.
Together with your teammates, you will ensure we are building a platform that empowers everyone at Spotify to make rapid, data-informed, empathic decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers across New York, Stockholm and London.
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory user research, including supporting the work of less experienced colleagues.
- Apply rigorous analysis to understand and document complex workflows and processes.
- Deliver compelling insights, stories and artefacts to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice and contribute to the wider Insights community at Spotify
- Work from our offices in Stockholm (With the current situation regarding COVID-19, this role will be remote until it’s appropriate to work from the office).
Who You Are
- Have proven experience in user research, with significant expertise in either exploratory qualitative research to identify needs and problems or workflow and task analysis (or both!).
- Hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field, and/or relevant professional experience.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research in a variety of contexts.
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, utilizing metrics and A/B tests, and able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative data.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business and design.
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centred, evidence-based approach to product development, while balancing business needs.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.