Wouldn’t it be great if every product and service started with the user in mind? That organisations take user needs into account not just at the end, but throughout the process? Applying a research process that is both inclusive and ethical. Our dream is to make that happen!
We believe that we can play a substantial part in helping the UX community grow and professionalise. We do so by bringing researchers from all over the world together to share experiences and knowledge. Services we offer the UX community include:
- A yearly international conference for UX researchers (the UXinsight Festival)
- Quarterly meetups
- Training program
- Coaching & consulting
- An open research community (e.g. with our monthly Book Club)
- A blog & resources website
We are looking for a colleague who shares our dream and wants to grow the UXR community together.
Maybe you love to organise meetups? Or write articles on research? You might have an extensive network of UX people around you, or be in the process of building one. Are you a trainer? Or active on social media? You love coaching young researchers or find experienced researchers who are willing to share their learnings?
There are multiple ways you can play your part in helping the community grow. We are looking for a new colleague responsible for one or more of the activities we employ. Every week we discuss strategy together, brainstorm on new ideas, reflect on previous actions. And after that, you work independently on your goals. You’ll both be able to try new things on your own, as well as working as a team to help build our existing ideas.
Activities that can be part of your daily job: co-create a learning program (training/event), share insights (in a blog, social post or on a meetup), connect with experts, engage the community, coach a fellow researcher, and more – the role really can be whatever you want it to be!
Who are you?
- You love to do UX research, read about research, to talk about research.
- You understand the challenges user researchers encounter and are eager to learn more about them.
- You are a curious person, always actively looking for new ideas and challenges.
- You are comfortable both working in a team and as an individual.
- You are comfortable reaching out to people and building your network.
- You are not afraid to try new things and learn on the job.
- You are comfortable communicating in English (both in writing and speech).
- You are based in the Netherlands.
- And what would make us even happier:
- You like writing and are good at it and/or
- You have experience in training people and/or
- You are comfortable on stage and behind the camera and/or
- You love social media and are actively taking part and/or
Who are we?
We are a small organisation with a permanent team of two: Karin den Bouwmeester is an experienced UX researcher and the founder of UXinsight, and Debbie Slijpen takes care of all operational activities.
But we don’t work alone. We have an extensive network of partners, trainers and volunteers. Warm, enthusiastic, curious people who we love to work with!
We share an office in Breda with other creative entrepreneurs working in the digital space.
What can we offer you?
- Fulltime or parttime job.
- Monthly salary + 25 vacation days (based on 40 hours a week) + 8% holiday bonus
- Flexible working hours. Every day we have an online catchup to start the day together, but besides that, you are free to manage your schedule.
- Learn from the best UX researchers around the world.
- You get to participate in events, training and meetups (and get paid for it!)
- We will help you grow your professional network.
We would love to meet once a week in our office in Breda.