This 4-hour workshop will focus on how to identify an organization’s learning objectives and develop a research roadmap with the input of cross-functional teams. Researchers face universal challenges: resource scarcity and confusion around the value and positioning of research activities.
In this workshop, twig+fish will share a simple tool to publicize and organize the often-disparate learning needs and questions in an organization. Twig+fish will also share effective communication strategies to employ with sponsors so that cross-functional teams can collaborate to define and prioritize learning needs. To effectively leverage research activities and output, teams must deconstruct and scrutinize questions openly and collaboratively. When teams understand the range of potential of research services, they can be better contributors to and consumers of research efforts. In short, the entire organization benefits.
In this training, you will be introduced to the twig+fish Five-Phase Learning Process, the language used to describe this process, and specifically Phase 1 to align the team on learning objectives using the NCredible Framework. By having a structured process upfront, research sponsors increase the potential for their output to be meaningfully utilized.
After completing this training, you’ll be able to:
- facilitate conversations with sponsors to elicit learning objectives and confidence in existing knowledge
- support team members and bring relevant questions and assumptions to the surface
- apply talking points and clear language to describe the work of researchers
- collaboratively craft a strategic roadmap for designing studies with full transparency
- create moments of reflection